Lately I’ve been spending my Thursday afternoons at Zilker Park, “Austin’s most loved park” with my friends and pooch Cooper. We take some snacks, beer (mostly beer), sit back and enjoy the Texas sun. I always love to take a giant bag to hold all of the many things I end up taking.
So I decided to share this DIY with you on how to turn a standard straw bag into a sassy fiesta ready picnic bag. I got the original straw bag from The Academy Sports+ Outdoors for the banging price of $5.49, but you can find them everywhere this summer.
- Plain Straw Bag
- Acrylic Paint
- Masking tape
- All purpose strong glue
- POM POM Trim 2 yds
- X-Small POM POM Trim 2 yds
1. Mask off stripes with your tape
2. Paint the exposed areas in. Do a few light coats until you get a strong, even colour. Leave to dry.
3. Peel off the masking tape.
My little crafter.
4. Glue along the edge of each color stripe and follow the line with the POM POM trim, pressing down firmly. Do each row and cut when you reach the end of each strip. Repeat this process with the x-small POM POM trim.
Now stuff some yummy treats and hit the park. It couldn’t be much simpler! Tell me what you think and comment below 🙂
Subscribe via email to my blog! For more easy DIY’s and OOTD’s. ——————————>